WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, has today named the judging panel for the Effective Use of Tech category for this year’s WARC Media Awards, an international awards in search of communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results.
Now in its fourth year, the case study competition examines the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective media investment. The Effective Use of Tech category rewards communications that have effectively used or combined emerging platforms or technology in the media mix.
The international jury panel of 11 client-side and agency-side senior industry experts will be chaired by Isabel Massey, Diageo’s first-ever Global Media Director, leading Diageo’s media strategy and planning process as well as transforming the spirit and beer producer’s media capabilities.
The full jury line-up for the Effective Use of Tech category, WARC Media Awards 2019, is:
- Isabel Massey – Global Media Director, Marketing, Diageo – jury chair
- Bianca Best – Global Managing Director of Blink & Strategic Partnerships, MediaCom
- Bohb Blair – Global Chief Experience Officer, Starcom
- Karen Crum – Head of Strategy, McCann London
- David Norris – UK Creative Strategy Lead, Snap Inc.
- Jack Smyth – Head of Innovation, Mindshare Australia
- Lorenzo Wood – Chief Innovation Officer, Publicis Sapient
- Rosh Singh – Managing Director EMEA, UNIT9
- Tim Polder – Consultant
- Vincent Niou – Head of Programmatic, APAC, Essence
- Tia Castagno – MD & Head of Innovation, Vizeum Global
Full biographies are available here.
Commenting on the upcoming judging process, Lucy Aitken, Managing Editor, Case Studies, WARC, said: “We very much look forward to working with this high-calibre group of people who are tasked with uncovering how brands are better using tech to power their media strategies.”
The WARC Media Awards are free to enter. Papers submitted as effectiveness case studies are welcomed from any territory and are discipline-neutral and channel-agnostic.
The winners of the Grands Prix and Special Awards across all four categories – Effective Use of Tech, Best Use of Data, Effective Channel Integration and Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships – will share a prize fund of $40,000.
The Special Awards in the Best Use of Tech category are:
– Early Adopter Award – how a brand successfully embraced a new platform.
– Most Scalable Idea Award – for a tech-led idea with the scope to make an impact within its sector and, potentially, beyond.
– Platform Pioneer Award -how a brand found an innovative and effective way to use an existing platform.
The closing date for entries is 19 September 2019. More details can be found here